A Week's Work Experience at Pickle Design

The Granary logo by Carissa

This week we enjoyed having Carissa in the studio for her work experience, she wrote a little about her time with us:

"Hi guys. My name is Carissa, here's a bit about my week at Pickle Design.

First of all I don’t think it could have gone better as I am a very nervous person and Carl (although absent most of the time as his wife had twins!) and Emma made me feel very welcome, which made it easy to work and learn from them. When I started I had not use the Apple programming before, so I was introduced to that as well as the programmes I used throughout the week.

Wiggle Chair poster design by Carissa

The programmes I used were InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, all made by Adobe. They each had their difficulties and challenges, but with help from Emma I managed to figure out basic use of them.

My first project was to create a logo for a local restaurant that my father owns called “The Granary”, this took the longest as I had to learn all the programmes, but I learned a lot from this. Next, in Photoshop, I created a home page for a website for “The Granary”. My third task was to create a leaflet for a hair dresser as well as a logo, with this I was faster as I knew the basics of the programmes, but I found it challenging to set it for my target audience.

Next I created some packaging for a local fudge company. Then went on to making a letterhead and compliment slip for “The Granary”. Finally I found a poem and used typography and image.

All in all, I found it better than I expected as everything seemed to flow, and there was little awkwardness. I think I will be able to take a lot from this week, not only the knowledge of the programmes, but people skills, and just getting stuck in! What I think will also help me is that I was given the chance to go out to meet a client and see how the whole proses starts.

Well that's me so...

...Bye guys...”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Branding for Cornish Fudge Company

Pickle Design T-Shirt Designs

Twitter Background for Charity Bike Ride